- House in Bar Harbor
The Retreat at Lookout Point – the ideal Down East Maine vacation retreat!
Nestled on five acres among old-growth shade trees on an elevated oceanfront site, in a quiet and private community, you’ll find The Retreat at Lookout Point.
Here is where you’ll unwind, renew and refresh
Whether enjoying morning coffee, while collecting sea glass on the private beach, watching the bald eagles soar overhead and hummingbirds dart among the flowers - or an evening glass of wine, while the sunset casts its golden hue over Frenchman’s Bay and the familiar red sails of the schooner Margaret Todd appear, you’ll realize – you’re relaxed and in the moment.
• 1.2 miles from the Hulls Cove Visitors Center/Entrance to Acadia National Park
• 4.1 miles from downtown Bar Harbor
• .4 miles to Peppers Pizza and Subs
• .7 miles to The Chart Room – an authentic Maine, waterside restaurant
• .8 miles to Hulls Cove General Store – for the best breakfast sandwiches ever
• 4 Bedrooms/Sleeps 8
- Bedroom #1 1 King/private bath
- Bedroom #2 1 Queen/private bath
- Bedroom #3 1 Queen/shared bath
- Bedroom #4 2 Twins/singles/shared bath
• 3.5 updated baths
• Large, well-stocked, fully appointed kitchen with multiple preparation areas
• Bright, sunny formal dining room adjacent to the kitchen
• Oversized, sun-filled open great room with distinct entertainment areas where you can gather on the large comfy sofas and watch television, play a lively board game, or finally finish that book in the reading nook - all while enjoying the commanding view of Frenchman’s Bay and the distant mountains of Acadia National Park
• Enjoy the quiet workspace where you can gaze out the window and be inspired by the smell of salty air mixed with lilacs
• 2 covered patios (one off the kitchen and one off the living room)
• Gas grill • Washer/Dryer • Generator • Blue Ray • WIFI • Stable Cell Phone Service
Cleaning fee is an additional $300.
Sorry, no events allowed.
Property Manager Veena Gaines, HomeAway Member since: 2013, Premier Partner: This HomeAway partner has demonstrated and is committed to fast response times, the best rates, and a great traveler experience.
This property has 4 bedrooms
65 Lookout Point Road
Bar Harbor, Maine
- Health Beauty Spa
- Winery Tours
- Satellite / Cable
- Central Heat
- Hair Dryer
- Internet - Hi Speed
- Iron and Board
- Linens Provided
- Coffee Maker
- Dining Room
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Mountain View
- Gas Grill
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Fire Extinguisher
- Smoke Detector
Reservations canceled more than 60 days prior to arrival will receive a full refund less a 3% credit card fee. The credit card fee is charged by the bank and can be avoided by sending a check for the deposit.
Reservations canceled within 60 days of arrival may receive a refund (less a 25% booking fee) if the property is re-booked for that time period.
50% of the stay is due when reservation is booked. Balance of Reservation due 60 days prior to check in. Refundable security deposit paid with 2nd payment and will be refunded 14 days after check out provided there is no damage to the property. Reservations canceled within 60 days of arrival may receive a refund (less a 25% booking fee) if the property is re-booked for that time period. Reservations canceled more than 60 days prior to arrival will receive a full refund less a 3% credit card fee. The credit card fee is charged by the bank and can be avoided by sending a check for the deposit. The full security deposit will be refunded for all cancellations.
Rate varies due to seasonality and holidays.
Please select your dates on our online booking calendar for an exact quote.
2 Guest Reviews
Fabulous place for two families. Waterfront view was so incredible. Great outdoor dining and grill. Lots of room for hanging out. Hated to leave this morning! Submitted: Sep 1, 2017 Stayed: August 2017 Source: VRBO, from HomeAway
"Majestic, amazing, extraordinary sacred spot"
The home is clean and comfortable, the property is majestic and your time here will be one of your best vacations ever. Submitted: Aug 18, 2017 Stayed: August 2017 Source: VRBO, from HomeAway
Reservation Software by Lodgix.com